What is Search Engine Optimization (SEO)?
Search engine optimization is as much an art form as it is a science. It is a systematic process to increase the number of visitors to a website from the search results of search engines. By fine-tuning various aspects of a site such as content, links, and site design, one can achieve higher visibility in the search engine results pages for specific keyword phrases relevant to the site’s visitors. The higher visibility translates to increased traffic and sales for a business.
Key Search Engine Facts
* 78%-84% of Internet users find websites through search engines.
* Consumer Research shows that shoppers rely on Search Engine Results [41%], Print Ads [10%], and TV Ads [9%] in reaching decisions in the buying process.
* Over 93% of Internet users do not click beyond the top 20 search engine results. They simply type something else in if they cannot find a relevant site that meets their needs.
* 75% of Internet users have the intention of purchasing a product or service when using search engines.
* 68%-72% of Internet users expect natural search results to present the most relevant information
Source: Search Engine Guide
Deploying search engine optimization effectively is almost twice as effective as all other online promotion methods and 10 times more effective than costly banner advertisements where users have developed “banner-blindness”. Achieving top rankings is only half the battle. Maintaining a long-lasting presence at the top of the search engine results pages is equally as important. Search engine optimization delivers the highest ROI compared to any other type of marketing, both online and offline. Rather than a “push” strategy of trying to get in front of lots of unqualified prospects hoping that they buy, search engines use a “pull” strategy where motivated buyers come to you resulting in increased sales conversions. SEO is a cost-effective long-term solution that brings free traffic and helps supplement and build upon a company’s brand name and reputation.
Why Do Search Engines Need Help to Index and Rank a Site?
The aim of search engines is to deliver the most relevant and useful content to the search user. A search engine’s index contains millions of results for specific search terms. To enable a reasonable search time frame and listing of results, only the top one thousand results are listed at any one time. Improper marketing and optimization can limit the exposure a site receives significantly and even cause a site not to be listed within the top one thousand results. Besides having the right Title Tags, Meta Tags, and a search engine friendly site (no frames or extensive use of Flash, search friendly URLs), website owners must consider the other important factors that enable a website to gain top rankings and thus increase visibility. These are proper interlinking of a site’s pages, use of good keywords in web copy, quality inbound links from relevant sites and content pages, and matching average PageRank.
What Other Benefits Does SEO Offer?
* Cheap way to generate qualified leads translating to higher return-on-investment
* Excellent online branding and credibility building tool that is extremely cost-effective compared to offline advertising
* High profit margins and ROI for products and services sold over the Internet
* Avoid Pay-Per-Click fraud which can cost thousands of dollars
Why spend hundreds or thousands of dollars to create a website that few will ever visit? Get top search positions and get the edge over your competition today. Learn how we systematically optimize a site for top rankings using proven SEO methodologies.